ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] User VHD?

2015-06-08 12:08:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] User VHD?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 18:07:05 +0200
Hi all,

one of my customers has decided to implement User virtual harddisks on his
windows terminal server. All very well, but I only have 2 problems:

- for some reason TSM insists on making a back-up of the mounted VHD’s,
exclude.fs C:\Users\*, specific domain statements (domain C: D: E:) , nothing
helps, TSM keeps on adding these User VHD’s to the domain, but fortunately only
for those users that are actually logged in, so we have a bunch of file spaces
’at risk’….
- And then there is: ANS1071E invalid domain name entered ’(Drive Not
Available)’. What? I didn’t enter a domain, TSM did! I didn’t ask for it to be
backed up?

Is there a way to tell TSM to ignore this crap and start behaving the way it
should?

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post