ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] active log exceeds threshold

2015-05-11 14:18:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] active log exceeds threshold
From: Jeanne Bruno <JBruno AT CENHUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 18:16:49 +0000
Hello.  Server Admin v6.3.3

I'm seeing these messages in our active log:
05/11/2015 14:01:44  ANR4537I The active log space used is 118095.30 megabytes,
and the active log space available is 12336.70 megabytes.
                      The ratio, 0.91, exceeds the threshold 0.80.

Size of log is 128GB (which I believe is the max).  (131072 in dsmserv.opt)

We have the active logs going to its own separate drive on the server and
there's 125GB free.

Found this:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC80292 but it's for v6.3.2

Our full DB backups have been running and finishing successfully.

Also in our DSMSERV.opt is:

*  MOVEBATCHSIZE
*
* Use this entry field to specify the number of files that are to be  moved and
grouped together in a batch within the same transaction.
*
* Specify a number between 1 and 1000.  The default value is 1000.
*
MOVEBatchsize 1000
*
*  =====================================================================
*
*  MOVESIZETHRESHOLD
*
* Use this entry field to specify a threshold, in megabytes, for the amount of
data moved as a batch within the same server transaction. When this
* threshold is reached, no more files are added to the current batch. A new
transaction is then started after the current batch is moved.
*
* Specify a number between 1 and 2048 (megabytes).
*
* The default value is 2048 (megabyte).
*
MOVESizethresh 2048

Any suggestions???  Do I increase the MOVESIZETHRESHOLD??

Jeannie Bruno
Senior Systems Analyst
jbruno AT cenhud DOT com<mailto:jbruno AT cenhud DOT com>
Central Hudson Gas & Electric
(845) 486-5780