ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to restore (already expired) objects from tape?

2015-04-16 07:32:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to restore (already expired) objects from tape?
From: Krzysztof Przygoda <przygod AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 13:30:06 +0200
Hi
@ Steven
Is this recovery program available only for systems which don't use any
sort of encryption or something changed in that matter?
@Gregor
If you have such possibility(and still have tsm db backups) I would
recommend to restore tsm db not on production but on some separate machine
with read-only access to copy pools (set primary stg's to unavailable) and
its devices/libraries. In that way you can go on with production and if you
will mess up with copy pool volumes the last thing you will have to do will
be recreation of damaged copy pools.

Kind regards
Krzysztof