ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to restore (already expired) objects from tape?

2015-04-14 08:49:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to restore (already expired) objects from tape?
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 22:48:29 +1000
Hi Gregor.

IBM used to offer a special service to get data off tape. Not sure if it
is still available.

Other than that the only way I know is to restore your DB to a point
before expiration.  Start up the restored instance with NOMIGRECL and
immediately stop your daily schedules, in particular stop running
expiration.  At this point you can restore your file.  I would tend to
mark the primary volumes as unavailable and restore from the copypool.
That way you if you have restored to another instance you can keep your
main instance running close to normal (except for copypool stuff) for
however long the restore takes you.  But it is a lot of work and a lot
of fiddling about.

Regards and good luck.

Steve

Steven Harris