ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restartable restores and command line options

2015-03-20 17:19:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restartable restores and command line options
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:17:20 -0400
Certain options, such as SUBDIR, PRESERVEPATH, IFNEWER, REPLACE, and source
and destination file specs are preserved; but other options such as QUIET
or RESOURCEUTILIZATION do not appear to be preserved.

The reference information for RESTART RESTORE says this:

> The restarted restore uses the same options that you used in the failed
> restore. The restarted restore continues from the point at which the
> restore previously failed.

If you open a PMR with support, we can address this in a more formal
manner. Whether we adjust the code to preserve other options (my personal
preferred outcome) or adjust the documentation to be more specific, will
remain to be determined.

Regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/welcome
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2015-03-20
11:17:30: