ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Drive preference in a mixed-media library sharing environment

2015-01-06 17:04:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Drive preference in a mixed-media library sharing environment
From: Grant Street <grants AT AL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 09:02:10 +1100
Could you post the PMR number so others can track it? Also if it becomes
a RFE, for some reason, can you post the RFE number so that others (ie
me)  can vote for it?

Even though this is functionality that I don't need now, it is something
that may be of use and help in future architecture designs. We tend to
use mixed generational media ie LTO4, LTO5 and LTO6 because of our
mostly Archival nature. Being able to extend the range of media by using
a mix of drives in a sane way, would definitely be of interest for us.

Thanks

Grant