ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Domino Support gap.

2014-12-18 18:21:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] Domino Support gap.
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:25:58 +1100
Hi All

I've discovered what appears to be a support gap with the TDP for
Domino product.

I have a customer with a significant Domino infrastructure mostly
running on RHEL 5.9 X86_64.  Domino is 8.5.3 32-bit which is still
current. TDP for Domino is 5.5.2 which is stable and reliable.

I have to apply fixes for a year-old security vulnerability and also
have a project to upgrade the clients to supported levels, and thought
I'd accomplish both by upgrading the TSM client and API levels to
6.3.2.2 (to be compatible with my 5.5 servers, also soon to be upgraded)

The last version of TDP for Domino V5.5 on Linux X86_64 is 5.5.3.  It
comes packaged with TSM client api 5.5.

TDP for Domino V6.3.0 and 6.3.1 do not support Linux X86_64.  TDP for
Domino 7.1 does support Linux86_64 but only with Domino 9

Upgrade to Domino 9 is not an option at this time.

TSM API for Linux X86 32 bit is unsupported after 5.5

Whilst I could install the 64 bit TSM client and API in addition, TDP
for Domino needs the 32 bit API to work with the 32 bit Domino code.
Thus I'm forced into using the old 5.5 code.

I've searched diligently for some sort of statement of support for the
5.5 32 bit API in this situation (as has happened previously with
extended support arrangements for Solaris 8 and Windows 2000)  But can
find nothing.

Have I missed something? or is installing an out-of-service API my
only option?

Thanks

Steve

Steven Harris