ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Strange Drive-Naming in 7.1.1

2014-11-06 08:05:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] Strange Drive-Naming in 7.1.1
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 08:03:25 -0500
Hello All:

We've been using TSM 7.1.1 ever since it was released, and we are seeing
some strange behavior.

The name of the VMs are picked up properly, but the drives have this
strange designation in the form of: \\?\vstor2\mntapi20-shared-........

Worse, each of the VM's drives show up as separate VM clients in the
Clients listing.  Is this expected behavior?  Did I miss a configuration
somewhere?  It makes the reporting from Ops Center almost completely
useless, as the "drives as VMs" show up as VMs.

This does not show up when doing a "Q NODE" operation, just in Ops Center.

Best regards,

Mike, x7942
RMD IT Client Services