ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone else doing replica backups of exchange datastores? Need some help please.

2014-11-05 09:03:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone else doing replica backups of exchange datastores? Need some help please.
From: "Dury, John C." <JDury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 08:58:59 -0500
This is exactly how I am trying to get the replica backup to work. It is
running on the passive server and I believe the DSMAGENT configuration is
correct in ters of the proxy settings. I continue to work with IBM to get it to
work.

Hi John, You can't run a backup of a replica from the primary server. You must
be running that command on the passive server. The Microsoft Exchange Replica
Writer will be running on the passive server. That is the machine you need to
have DP/Exchange and the Windows BA Client installed and configured on. Also
keep in mind that it's the DSMAGENT (Windows BA Client) is the node that
actually sends the data to the TSM Server. It uses the proxy capability to
store the data on behalf of the DP/Exchange node. The service team can assist
you through this. Thank you, Del
---------------------------------------------------- "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
<ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/31/2014 02:47:25 PM: > From: "Dury,
John C." <JDury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM> > To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU > Date:
10/31/2014 02:49 PM > Subject: Re: Anyone else doing replica backups of
exchange > datastores? Need some help please. > Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor
Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> > > Thanks for the reply. I agree that
it sounds like a configuration > issue. We are trying to do this via command
line so it can be > scripted and therefore automated. I do have a problem open
with IBM > and sent them some logs and lots of information but their first was
> response was to tell me that it wasn't configured correctly as they > were
looking at early entries in the logs I sent them instead of > further down.
Lesson learned, delete all of your logs before > recreating problem as support
won't look at timestamps and first > error they see must be the problem. <sigh>
The command line I am > using looks like this: > C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpexcc backup <datastore> > incr /fromreplica
/backupmethod=vss /backupdestination=tsm / > tsmoptfile="c:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\dsm.opt" > I was getting it to create a TSM
session but the session would just > be WAITING on the server for hours and
never actually did anything. > FWIW, the datastore I am testing with is tiny. >
Now when I try running the backup on the inactive CCR replica I get: > Updating
mailbox history on TSM Server... > Mailbox history has been updated
successfully. > Querying Exchange Server to gather component information,
please wait... > ACN5241E The Microsoft Exchange Information Store is currently
not running. > but as I mentioned before, according to my exchange admins, that
> service should never be running on both sides of the CCR cluster. > I have
changed the dsm.opt and tdpexc.cfg options so many times with > every option
can think of which is why I was hoping someone had a > sanitized version of
their dsm.opt and tdpexc.cfg that are working > in their environment I could
look at. >