ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Vsphere Web Client again

2014-09-18 14:47:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Vsphere Web Client again
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:45:43 -0400
Hi Robert,

When you say "plug-in" - are you talking about the icon that shows up
under
"Classic Solutions" in the vSphere Web Client,
or the new IBM Data Protection GUI that some people still call a
"plug-in."

In case you are talking about IBM Data Protection GUI...the basic things
to check for are:

1) vSphere Web Client is running at build level 5.5. Update 1 or higher.

2) The IBM Data Protection GUI is registered in the vCenter being managed
   by the vSphere Web Client.  The registration keys are discussed on page
12
   of the 7.1.1 Data Protection for VMware User's Guide.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS8TDQ_7.1.1/com.ibm.itsm.ve.doc/c_ve_gui_extensions.html
   You should use the vSphere Managed Object Browser on the vCenter to
   check if the keys are present.

3) If the keys are not present, then issue occurred at install, and should
re-install
   and make sure register extension in web client is selected when
installing the GUI.
   If the keys are present, then likely a connectivity issue.
   For connectivity, confirm that the machine where the web client is
running can access
   the machine where the DP for VMWare GUI software is installed - use the
MOB to go to
   the extension content, and find the URL that is being used to reach the
host where
   the GUI software (web server) is installed.

If you are talking about the older plugin that shows up under "Classic
Solutions"
in the vSphere Web Client, and it shows up in a desktop client but not the
web client,
then make sure the classic plugin is enabled in the web client, by doing
following:

1) add in file webclient.properties
   in C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client

          scriptPlugin.enabled = true

2) Restart the web client service

If none of this helps, please open a PMR.

Thank you,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/18/2014
12:50:00 PM: