ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restore of drives containing multi-millions of files

2014-09-14 09:20:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restore of drives containing multi-millions of files
From: Geoff Gill <avalnche96 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 06:19:18 -0700
I was wondering if anyone has come across this in the past. I don't have client
side access but looks like they are at client level 6.2.0.0, which is about all
I can say right now.

This client I'm told has over 14 million files on it. The restore which has
been running for some days has not completely stopped moving data but there are
2 sessions that had tapes mounted moving data that are in a "Run" state which
show tapes mounted that no longer are. One of those actually dismounted that
tape 2 days ago, the other just yesterday. Another session is moving data and
the last is in a wait state for that tape.

My question is what may be going on with the 2 that actually do NOT have the
tape mounted any longer but f=d shows they do.While I have seen customers with
clients like this in the past none have ever attempted such a large restore.

Thank You
Geoff Gill