ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving the TSM DB2 database (AIX)

2014-03-22 15:24:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving the TSM DB2 database (AIX)
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 20:22:56 +0100
On Saturday 22 March 2014 08:55:08 you wrote:
> Thanks to all. AIX migraepv is the make/break mirror method. We will
> probably proceed that way during the relative calm of Spring Break.
I prefer mirror / unmirror.
If you mirror the vg without background sync, you can start the sync manually
with syncvg.
You can specify how many threads (max 4) the mirror sync will use so you can
control how much I/O it wil use.  And you can abort the sync if it uses too
much I/O!  Just kill the syncvg process and let it finish.
You can NOT interrupt a migratepv.  Killing a migratepv will break your lvm
and leaves the vg in a corrupted state!

Stef