ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] best/most effecient way to backup a CIFS Share

2014-03-16 16:15:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] best/most effecient way to backup a CIFS Share
From: white jeff <jeff.white3 AT BLUEYONDER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 20:10:14 +0000
Matthew

When you say poor performance and long running backups, can you post up the
backup stats please. Number of objects inspected, number backed up, total
amount of data backed up and elapsed processing time would be of most use.
If you are inspecting several million files, this may be the reason for the
long running backup. If that is the case, have you considered TSM
Journaling?