ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] anyone familiar with Microsoft OneNote Package software

2013-12-17 15:24:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] anyone familiar with Microsoft OneNote Package software
From: Jeanne Bruno <JBruno AT CENHUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:22:36 +0000
Hi all.  I received a request last week from one of our users to restore a
OneNote package file.  And he wanted the last version copy of what we had.
I brought up the TSM client  (active and inactive files) and saw that there was
only one copy of the file and it was dated 11/25/13.  User stated he modifys
this package file every day.  I restored what I had in TSM, but it didn't
contain what he needed.

Microsoft OneNote (formerly called Microsoft Office OneNote) is a computer
program<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_program> for free-form
information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It gathers users' notes
(handwritten or typed), drawings, screen clippings and audio commentaries.
Notes can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network.
OneNote saves information in a
proprietary<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_format> file format with
the extension .one.

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with a .one file and if there is a
setting in the OneNote software the user needs to change in order for the 'date
last modified' of the .one will change, so TSM will back it up again??

I've been googleing OneNote but haven't found my answer yet.  Thanks in advance.

Jeannie Bruno
Senior Systems Analyst
jbruno AT cenhud DOT com<mailto:jbruno AT cenhud DOT com>
Central Hudson Gas & Electric
(845) 486-5780