ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Dedup stgpool target

2013-11-14 17:50:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Dedup stgpool target
From: "Colwell, William F." <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 22:48:57 +0000
Paul,

I am using 4 GB volumes on the 15k disks (aka ingest pool).  Since each disk is
~576 GiB
and there are 16 disks assigned to this server, that's a lot of volumes!

On the sata based pools I am using 50 GiB volumes.

All volumes are scratch allocated not pre-allocated.

I know scratch volumes are supposed to perform less well, but I haven't heard
how much less and I did ask.
I couldn't run the way I do and manage pre-allocation.  There are 2 very big
and very busy instances on the
processor and both share all the filesystems.  And each instance has multiple
storage hierarchies so
mapping out pre-allocation would be a nightmare.

thanks,

- bill