ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move data to another storage pool

2013-10-10 14:46:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move data to another storage pool
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:44:19 -0400
Have you reviewed the TSM server activity log for the time period of the
MOVE DATA command to see if any warning or error messages were issued for
that process?

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Documentation+Central/page/Tivoli+Storage+Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2013-10-10
10:45:42:

> From: Tristan Kelkermans <tkelkermans AT ATOOSYS DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
> Date: 2013-10-10 10:46
> Subject: Re: Move data to another storage pool
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Hi,
>
> Absolutely both are storage pools with dedup enabled. Maybe it has to do
> with tails of big files written in these volumes as Grigori said but i'm
> not sure about it.
>
> Query content doesn't show any files in those volumes but when you do an
> audit volume it finds more than one file in it..
>
> Tristan
>

> 2013/10/10 Prather, Wanda <Wanda.Prather AT icfi DOT com>
>
> > I am having a similar problem.
> > Is this a deduplicated storage pool?
> > In my case I'm suspecting that has something to do with it.

Of