ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move data to another storage pool

2013-10-09 15:46:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move data to another storage pool
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT BILOHOLDINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 19:43:46 +0000
Tristan,
If you must use the move data approach, and haven't done so, I would strongly
suggest that you carefully read the conditions for using this command. There
are plenty of "gotcha's" in using it, but they are well noted in the help file.

For instance;
Make sure the old and new storage pools use the same "Storage Pool Data
Format".
Confirm that the volumes being moved do not have any read/write errors, and
that there aren't any I/O errors on the device during the move.
Make sure that the new storage pool has sufficient space to accommodate the
move.

When executing the move data on a particular volume check the actlog to confirm
that the process completed successfully and inspect the summary provided by the
process which should report statistical information (number of files, bytes
moved, etc.).

Afterwards if the source volume is still present you also could perform a
"query content" on it to confirm if it actually has files on it that were not
moved.

If there are files then you will need to determine why they were not moved.
If there are no files then determine why the volume was not deleted, or status
changed to empty.

Hope that helps...

-Rick Adamson