ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] : TSM Running out of Scratch Tapes

2013-07-08 07:27:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] : TSM Running out of Scratch Tapes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 07:25:10 -0400
Sounds like you are having tape library problems. A defective tape drive, where
a tape won't eject properly, is a common cause of Unavailable, as is a bad
gripper dropping a tape inside the library. A tape drive which can't read or
write properly will rapidly cause tapes to be forced read-only, as if they are
bad, but they are not. So, look into you hardware there.

    Richard Sims, still at Boston University