ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM6: What is LDAP to me, or me to LDAP?

2013-06-13 09:54:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM6: What is LDAP to me, or me to LDAP?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 09:53:26 -0400
So, I'm chewing on the configuration management for my flock of TSM
server instances in the brave new 6.3 world.

There's discussion of an LDAP server as a source of authentication, but
if I see it correctly, what they really mean is that TSM is willing to
store admin passwords in a remote database, access through the LDAP
protocol. (which is fine and useful, for some purposes).

Specifically, if I connect my TSM to an AD server, this does _not_ mean
I can use AD credentials to authenticate my TSM admins.  Right?  I
haven't been able to discern this from the docs, which is _really_
irritating.

Because if I can, then I'm going to have an infarction right now.
They've been talking about external authentication for at least 12 years.

- Allen S. Rout