ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Addressing "log pinned" condition on V6 server

2013-04-16 09:01:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Addressing "log pinned" condition on V6 server
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:59:52 -0400
I have been experiencing frequent "log pinned" situations on a v6.2.5.0
server - by this I mean my monitoring program starts alerting me about the
active log reaching >75% (currently at 50GB).

Yes, I have identified the node causing this but want to know how to
diagnose and resolve why this node is causing this problem.  It is a
Windows 2003 server with v6.1.0.0 client (yes, I am going to prod them to
update the client in case that is the issue).

The active session is only up to 222GB so it isn't volume - just one long
transaction, I guess?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions to determine why this is happening?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator