ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 managed by Linux host

2013-04-15 11:30:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 managed by Linux host
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:29:32 -0400
I am trying to prepare for the move from our 3494 to a TS3500/3584.

With the 3494, it needed port 3494 open on the host system that was the
library manager, for the ibmatl program to function.

What ports are needed open through the firewall of the Linux servers that
are library managers (is it as simple as 3584?)?  How about for AME?  Any
additional ports needed for this function from the TS3500 to each library
manager server (I assume the keys are only stored with the server that
manages the tapes, not each server that uses a tape - or is this a
bad/wrong assumption?)

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator