ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Admin_center account

2013-01-30 16:36:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] Admin_center account
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:58:17 -0500
Our TSM servers have an Admin_center administrator account that was created
automatically when the server software was installed. The account is intended
for use with the ISC (Integrated Solutions Console), which we have never
installed. Even though the account is locked, I have been getting questions
about it in connection with a security audit. Is there any reason not to
remove the account? Would there be any particular difficulty in recreating
the account in the unlikely event that we install ISC someday? Is there any
risk that IBM would use removal of the account as a pretext for refusing to
support our TSM installation?

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital