ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] move drmedia issue? I can't see what I am missing here.

2012-10-18 18:54:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] move drmedia issue? I can't see what I am missing here.
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:34:31 +0200
Hi Rick,

The volumes are already checked out and not in the library, TSM knows this
and labels them as courier volumes.
I want to check the volumes into the vault and TSM starts an operation to
checkout the volumes...what is that about? :-)

When I moved the volumes without the * to vault it works just file, they
jumped directly to vault retrieve but that is not a problem I have a 2 day
retention on the files on this test server.

I think it is a bug in TSM that comes to light when you move from courier
to vault with a wildcard but the volume wants to jump to vault retrieve
right away, that seems to trigger DRM into launching an tape checkout
operation.

Thanks for the reply.

  Stefan