ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Slow TSM DB Backup Update #3

2012-03-22 11:14:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Slow TSM DB Backup Update #3
From: "Lamb, Charles P." <cplamb AT NPPD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:10:43 -0500
PMR only since this a permanent fix -- See PMR #53387,379,000 and PMR
#54435,379,000

IBM has said the following --

IBM has tested TSM with AIX 7.1 and it also was shower for the DB backup
performance. The TSM ATS Performance team has had other customers report
 this same problem and they resolved it by down leveling AIX to level 6.1.6.

You can test a higher AIX patch level other than AIX 7.1 and if you get
good DB backup speeds, please let IBM know.