ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Slow TSM DB Backup Update #3

2012-03-29 10:15:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Slow TSM DB Backup Update #3
From: "Ehresman,David E." <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:06:44 +0000
So should lo_perf be set to 0 or to 1?

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Jonathan Kaufman
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:13 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

For my environment (TSM 6.2.3 on Aix 7.1 TL1 SP3) this fix is to disable
the lo_perf network option and reboot.

no -p -o lo_perf

and a reboot later I was back to speedy DB backups.

Just did this last Friday...

The tech I talked to said this problem affects Aix 6.1 TL7 and Aix 7.1
TL1.

I did not have a problem when I was at Aix 7.1 TL0 SP4.

Jonathan Kaufman