ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Corruption

2011-07-08 17:31:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Corruption
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 17:25:56 -0400
Besides Richard's comments, another possible scenario:

You indicated that your restored your TSM server database. How far back did
you restore it?

1. Data exists on tape '1'.

2. TSM server database is backed up.

3. Data on tape '1' is reclaimed, moved, expired, or whatever, so the tape
is available again for scratch.

4. New data written to tape '1'.

5. Restore TSM server database from the backup in step 2.

6. TSM thinks there is data on tape '1', but the data it expects is no
longer there.

The above scenario is possible if you restored your database from a backup
that is older than the current tape storage pool REUSEDELAY setting.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-07-08
14:29:55: