ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Active Log Mirror in 6.2?

2011-07-08 20:33:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] Active Log Mirror in 6.2?
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 19:28:44 -0500
Which configuration is better on TSM 6.2:

1. TSM Active Log on mirrored RAID (RAID1/RAID10) with no TSM Active Log
Mirror.

2. TSM Active Log, and TSM Active Log Mirror, each on separate JBOD
disks. (JBOD is faster than RAID, which compensates for the performance
hit of the second write by TSM. This moves the second write from the
RAID controller to TSM itself.)

The second arrangement is how we've always done it on TSM 5 and before,
because it offered better recoverability. This is how I set up my first
TSM 6.2 server, and it works OK. As I set up my second one, I'm
wondering if it's the best way.

== "History does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme." -- Mark Twain ==