ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] EXPORTING clients

2011-07-07 14:09:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] EXPORTING clients
From: "Hughes, Timothy" <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 14:04:44 -0400
Hello,

I am currently doing exports  and some of the exports are large (in my opinion)
 and they are taking days anyone know how these can be sped up? Or its just
waiting game? Also we can't leave the running overnight during backups because
a least 2 times they have caused server the clients are being imported to hang.

Also, has anyone had a issue where suspending exports caused the destination
TSM  server to Hang or crash?

Some Export total files and files remaining

Total files to be transferred: 132,929
               Files remaining: 119,517

Total files to be transferred: 511,889
               Files remaining: 426,470

Total files to be transferred: 356,733
               Files remaining: 191,494

Total files to be transferred: 816,599
               Files remaining: 815,917

Total files to be transferred: 132,929
               Files remaining: 119,517

Total files to be transferred: 511,889
               Files remaining: 426,470

 Total files to be transferred: 356,733
               Files remaining: 191,494

Total files to be transferred: 1,414,575
               Files remaining: 1,229,671

TSM SERVERS VERSION 6.2.2

Thanks in advance for any comments!