ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Directory layout for tsm server v6.2 on linux platform

2011-01-25 15:11:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] Directory layout for tsm server v6.2 on linux platform
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:09:18 -0500
Finally got the tsm server install to run on our redhat enterprise linux v6
server.

I am now confused on what the correct directory layout should be for a server
instance.

I went through the manual process of creating an instance, but when finished,
there were a number of problems.

1. permission errors

2 things not ending up where it appeared they should go.

It appears that most things default to the home directory of the instance user
id.
Should that be the instance directory as well?

So far, the install guide seems less than clear on a propper layout.

I am totally blind, so can't use the x-windows config tool, the admin centter
is very painful, so doing all by hand.

Some guideance here would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the help.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University