ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ULTRIUM4C but not 1.6TB

2010-12-09 03:57:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ULTRIUM4C but not 1.6TB
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:56:30 +0000
Mehdi

It all depends on your data, though ALL volumes at 1TB or less is a bit
low.

As I'm sure others will ask, are you doing any kind of compression etc to
the data before it gets to the drives?

As a guide, I'm getting very little over 900GB on some image backups I do,
but over 2TB on fileserver type data.

Steven

Mehdi Salehi <ezzobad AT GMAIL DOT COM>
09/12/2010 08:19
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] ULTRIUM4C but not 1.6TB

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 08/01/2011

Hi,
Drives are LTO4, devclass is ULTRIUM4C, but all "Full" volumes are between
800GB to 1TB. Is it normal? It seems TSM does not use compression.

Mehdi