ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP

2010-10-06 20:36:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 19:35:23 -0500
Timothy Hughes wrote:

> one of the sun servers we backup was rebuilt  (the os was upgraded to
> solaris 10) and the client was re-installed with a new name bolton01 to
> boton0s10
>
> F.y.I - the reason for the new name is because will eventually get rid
> of backups using the old name

Another approach to this is to use the same node registration (rename it
if you want, and reset the node password as necessary), but rename the
filespaces (e.g. / -> /old, /usr -> /old/usr, etc.).  You can easily
access the old backups from the new server, and also easily delete the
old backups later by deleting the old filespace.

> i want to restore restore the information from   "/opt/iplanet/iws61"
> into /data/opt/iplanet/iws61"
>
> However when I bring up the gui the name come up as boton0s10 (which is
> the new name)  I understand that
>
> So I am going to use the command line and the asnode command (unless
> someone has a better easier way)?
>
> would these be  the correct steps
>
> Grant proxy ( using the name boton0s10 which by the way has not backed
> up yet)
>
> then do a asnode?
>

> bolton01> restore  "/opt/iplanet/iws61"   "/data/opt/iplanet/ws61"

I think you could use the proxy and asnode options, though I haven't
played with them personally (probably will at some point for cross-node
TDP restores at some point).

If you don't use the existing node registration, I find it easier to use
the -virtualnodename option.  When prompted for the user ID and password,
use your TSM administrator ID and password.  For one-offs, it seems a lot
simpler than configuring a proxy node relationship.

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa