ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP

2010-10-07 08:14:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 08:13:14 -0400
 On 10/6/2010 8:35 PM, David Bronder wrote:
Timothy Hughes wrote:
one of the sun servers we backup was rebuilt  (the os was upgraded to
solaris 10) and the client was re-installed with a new name bolton01 to
boton0s10

F.y.I - the reason for the new name is because will eventually get rid
of backups using the old name
Another approach to this is to use the same node registration (rename it
if you want, and reset the node password as necessary), but rename the
filespaces (e.g. / ->  /old, /usr ->  /old/usr, etc.).  You can easily
access the old backups from the new server, and also easily delete the
old backups later by deleting the old filespace.

i want to restore restore the information from   "/opt/iplanet/iws61"
into /data/opt/iplanet/iws61"

However when I bring up the gui the name come up as boton0s10 (which is
the new name)  I understand that

So I am going to use the command line and the asnode command (unless
someone has a better easier way)?

would these be  the correct steps

Grant proxy ( using the name boton0s10 which by the way has not backed
up yet)

then do a asnode?

bolton01>  restore  "/opt/iplanet/iws61"   "/data/opt/iplanet/ws61"
I think you could use the proxy and asnode options, though I haven't
played with them personally (probably will at some point for cross-node
TDP restores at some point).

If you don't use the existing node registration, I find it easier to use
the -virtualnodename option.  When prompted for the user ID and password,
use your TSM administrator ID and password.  For one-offs, it seems a lot
simpler than configuring a proxy node relationship.

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa

According to the -virtualnodename option in the manual I believe it's
like this

>>-VIRTUALNodename- /nodename/-----------------------------------><

-virtualnodename bolton01

SErvername            walrton
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   xx.xx.xx.xx.
   TCPClientaddress  xx.xx.xx.xx
   HTTPPORT           1581
   SCHEDMODE          PROMPTED
   TxnByteLimit       25600
   -virtualnodename   bolton01
*  NODename           bolton0s10
   PASSWORDACCESS     GENERATE
   ERRORLOGName       /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
   ERRORLOGRetention  14
   SCHEDLOGName       /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
   SCHEDLOGRetention  7
   include      /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm*.log special
   include      /var/adm/sa/monitor.log special
   include      /var/adm/sa/monitor.oldlog special
   managedservices webclient schedule

I am assuming it will prompt for ID password before restore