ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] "Feature" or "bug"?

2010-10-05 08:37:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] "Feature" or "bug"?
From: "Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:35:35 -0400
If you define a "bug" to include flawed logic or reasoning then yes -
this is a bug.  It demonstrates a level of shallow thought usually
associated with toys and simple games where there are a small, finite
number of outcomes.
If you define a "bug" along the line of Adm. Grace Hopper's reference -
as something that causes destruction, then no, this is not a bug and is
a simple "feature".

Cheers,
Neil Strand
Storage Engineer - Legg Mason
Baltimore, MD.
(410) 580-7491
Whatever you can do or believe you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic.