ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] "Feature" or "bug"?

2010-10-04 16:14:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] "Feature" or "bug"?
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 16:13:09 -0400
Doing some server/node cleanup, I noticed an interesting "anomaly" caused
by a server-to-server export.  I consider it a "bug".  Curios on your
opinions.

This node was exported to a different server.  The node contains Oracle
filesystems named /u01, /u02, /u03 and /u04

I went to delete the target server copy and found not only the above file
systems, but also /u05-/u08

I know that when doing server-to-server exports, if you don't say "
mergefilespaces" and an duplicate filesystem exists, the import process
automagically adds a "1", "2" and so forth to the name of the duplicate
imported filesystems.  I know this is what happened since I also found a "
/1" (root) and "/boot1" (boot) filesystem on the target server.

It was confusing to see the /u05-/u08 until I saw the object counts/sizes
were identical for /u04 and /u08.

IMHO, I look at this as a bug.  I would have expected a /u011, /u021,
/u031 and /u041 for the duplicates, not taking the last digit and
incrementing it.