ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] volume missed in library

2010-06-09 21:27:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] volume missed in library
From: William ZHANG <william.zhang AT ST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:26:19 +0800
Hello All,

I made mistake:
My tape library overland neo4000 occurs a HW fail when move volume media.
And then I take this volume out of tape library (want to put it again) and run
command "audit  library LIBNEO4000 checklabel=barcode"
Then , that missed volume disappeared from tape library using "query libvol" ,
I think there are important data in that volume.

So how can I put that volume into tape library again and do not make data
missed ?  or can I do " audit volume vol_name fix=yes"  to let TSM backup
missed data again?
If there are archived data, is there any way to get them back?

Warm regards,
william