ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Database corruption

2010-05-21 00:42:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Database corruption
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 06:40:23 +0200
On 20 mei 2010, at 17:02, Loon, EJ van - SPLXM wrote:

> Hoi Paul!
> Thank you very much for your reply!
> I have an PMR open for several weeks, but Level 2 can't help me any
> further too. They said "If it doesn't bother you during daily
> operations, just ignore the corruptions". The problem is that I don't
> know if it bothers me. I'm not 100% sure I can restore the primary pool
> at the moment, nor am I 100% sure all clients can be restored. I think
> so, but I wouldn't bet my life on it...
> Kind regards,
> Eric van Loon
> KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Hi Eric,

I remember vividly that Henk and I were going through something similar. At
that time, based on the output of the audit on our test server and some other
black magic, L3 support was able to tell us what to do to fix the database.
Glenn Hattrup was the guy's name IIRC. One of his more interesting remarks at
that time: "I didn't write all of this code and I can't even pretend that all
of it makes sense." In our case, in hindsight, the fixes were pretty simple,
and we only had like 5 corrupt records.

If L2 can't help you, maybe L3 can. Maybe a full audit is the quickest way.
Maybe you need to fix this anyway before you can even consider upgrading to
version 6....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post