ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Database corruption

2010-05-20 09:51:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Database corruption
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:50:09 -0400
Rather than start with an empty server "B", start with a copy of your corrupted
database as server "B".  While you are running the audit on server "A", direct
your backups to server "B".  Hopefully the exports you do after the audit on
"A" completes from "B" back to "A" will work, without importing any corruption.
 After you have re-merged the recent additions to "B" back into the cleaned up
"A", you can discard "B" along with its corruption.  I think this should work,
but may depend on what the corruption is.

We went through a similar experience about a decade ago.  We had mirrored
dbvols, so we just split the mirrors to clone a "B" off of our damaged "A".

If you haven't already talked to support, they might also be able to reach in
and tweak your database to clean out the corruption, depending on the nature of
it and how widespread it is.  It's worth a shot.

Good luck.

..Paul

At 09:06 AM 5/20/2010, Loon, EJ van - SPLXM wrote:
>Hi Neil!
>It may be able to handle the load, but I don't have the storage capacity
>on the backend on this server.
>When you direct the backups to the other server, all BA clients
>basically start all over again with a 'full' backup and I don't have
>that capacity on the spare server...
>Thank you very much for your reply!
>Kind regards,
>Eric van Loon
>KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521
719 Rhodes Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853-3801    Em: psz1 AT cornell DOT edu