ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM in MS windows 2008 cluster active/passive environment

2010-04-28 14:59:44
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM in MS windows 2008 cluster active/passive environment
From: besmart <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:46:49 -0400
I have :
- one server windows 2008 SP2 as a domain controller (DC)
- Two nodes as a cluster server active/passive running sqlserver 2008.
- IBM SAN ds4700 with the Fiber tape connected to SAN via fiber cable.
every node is connected to SAN using two HBA, and all disks in SAN are
dedicated to sql server.

Tivoli server   (TSM)  software is used as a backup server.
I found that tSM  is a cluster aware software.
i have no previous  experience with tivoli software.

i want to install both TSM server /client on the two nodes in such a way:
The passive node of sql server is used as TSM server , and active node as TSM
client
in that senario , the passive node work as a backup server for the active sql
server.
My question:

q1: Do i need other HBA for every node in the cluster which should be zoned
with tape only?

q2: is there any overhead for that setup, or consideration that i can take into
account?
q3: can sql server use tape directly as a backup device, so i can use the sql
backup commands?
q4: any one have other sucessfull solution for such environment.