ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Trouble backing up large directory tree

2010-04-27 13:22:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Trouble backing up large directory tree
From: Robert Clark <robert.clark7 AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:20:44 -0700
Where should you go? There has to be a good bar near campus.

Start off with an OS family with notoriously slow stat calls, and then add
the I/O latency of virtualization? Hey, at least it isn't running under
Open Solaris?

I would look at turning on journal based backup. To initially establish a
valid journal, I would run the first backup with -incrbydate.

[RC]