ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli newbie

2010-04-22 12:48:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli newbie
From: Dana Holland <dana.holland AT NAVARROCOLLEGE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:37:27 -0500
Is WebSphere required?  No Apache or Tomcat?

On 4/22/2010 11:33 AM, Allen S. Rout wrote:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:26:05 -0500, Dana Holland<dana.holland AT NAVARROCOLLEGE
DOT EDU>  said:

Thanks - we're going to upgrade the RAM to 16gb.  But it sounds like I
don't need to worry about upgrading the processors.

I didn't realize that it was going to require Websphere.  Is this part
of the Tivoli installation, or will I have to purchase that component
separately?

Not a separate purchase.

You should seriously consider installing the admin center on some
other, ANY other, system image.  A cheap RedHat VM is probably the
best place; that way you don't have to use the expesive AIX CPU and
memory to support a commoditized web service.

You want P-series and AIX behind the DB2 and TSM layers, but for the
websphere stuff, I don't know why you'd care.

- Allen S. Rout

database 5051 (20100422) __________

http://www.eset.com