ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Adding drives to a TS3500

2010-04-15 14:48:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Adding drives to a TS3500
From: Marcel Anthonijsz <marcel AT ANTHONIJSZ DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:47:43 +0200
No license required indeed, but you will lose some tape slots. If I recall
correctly, the come in 4, so when you place the fifth (or 9th) drive you
will get 3 empty drive-slots. So placing multiples of 4 in a frame is most
space efficient considering tape slots.

And you have to recycle TSM to discover the changed library. Or if you don't
want TSM downtime, delete the paths, drives and library and redefine. (and
checkin tapes)

--
Kind Regards, Groetje,

Marcel Anthonijsz