ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.3 WIndows no log space how to restart server

2010-04-08 01:51:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.3 WIndows no log space how to restart server
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:49:58 +0200
On 7 apr 2010, at 20:32, Nicholas Rodolfich wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I have a client with a new TSM 6.1.3 server on Windows 2008. It crashed
> earlier because it is out of log space. How can I bring the sever back up.

If a normal start of the server doesn't work, you can increase the
'activelogsize' parameter in your dsmserv.opt. Of course, you may need to grow
the filesystem for the active log first. Also, there is a bug in some 6.1
server versions, where increasing the activelogsize parameter doesn't actually
work, in which case, you have to go into db2 to do it from there (but I don't
know how from the top of my head).

--

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post