ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Archive completed but not big enough.

2010-04-06 16:29:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Archive completed but not big enough.
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:25:30 -0400
Hi John, Thanks for your reply

Yes, checking through the server log we found this error

ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 175494 for node ADOCGWC_10-16-09
(NetWare) - internal server error  detected.
ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 175490 for node ADOCGWC_10-16-09
(NetWare) - internal server error detected.

The stats also showed total number of objects failed 255

Also, The client sent me a snapshot of the console where the command was
entered and before it ended it showed the following.

ANS1301E Server detected system error
ANS1999E Archive processing of 'Migrate:/GWC1016/*' stopped
ANS1301E Server detected system error

Tim

John D. Schneider wrote:

Tim,
  Was there an error to indicate why the archive failed?  Or did it
seem to complete successfully?  If so, is it possible that you have
compression turned on at the client, through the client setting, or the
client options?  If so, it is not too surprising that a 76GB file could
compress down to 18GB.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
The Computer Coaching Community, LLC
Office: (314) 635-5424 / Toll Free: (866) 796-9226
Cell: (314) 750-8721