ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation Groups Reclamation and Restore

2010-03-12 13:15:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation Groups Reclamation and Restore
From: Fred Johanson <Fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:14:10 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu] On Behalf Of
Wolfgang J Moeller
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 8:51 AM
To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu

Francisco Molero writes:
>[...] I have some questions about Collocation Groups Reclamation and restore.
>
> First, my environment I have a Tape STGpool with 3 Collocation Groups and 10
> nodes per Group.
>

> 3.- In case of migration, if we don't have CG TSM migrates files per node.
>     What happens if we have CG ?

Once a tape has been mounted for a collocation group's data, all nodes in that
group are migrated.
At least when the source pool is of type DISK, I'd guess that files will still
be ordered by filespace and node,
just like they are by filespace in the case of collocation by node.

Not always.  I often find volumes with a few inches used belong to a client
belonging to a CG residing on another volume.  It certainly looks as if files
ready for migration find the desired volume in use by another member of the CG,
so they go to scratch.

As for reclamation, this morning I removed a client.  2 of its volumes popped
to the top of the list of reclamation candidates (2 reclamation processes).
One went to the expected collector.  The second went to scratch.

Fred Johanson
TSM Administrator
University of Chicago

773-702-8464