ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 5.5 -> 6.2

2010-03-04 18:47:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 5.5 -> 6.2
From: "John D. Schneider" <john.schneider AT COMPUTERCOACHINGCOMMUNITY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:46:52 -0700
Fred,
   According to the table at:

the TSM library master could be at 6.1, and the storage agent left
behind at 5.5 or even 5.4.

You are remembering outdated information, I think.  So this should
simplify your plans.

This was very good news for us, too.  We have one library master that
serves 9 other TSM servers, plus 5 Lan-free agents.  The thought of
having to upgrade ALL of them on the same day was daunting indeed.  But
thankfully, we can do them in groups.   Because we have as many as 4
instances on one server, we will be forced by the upgrade requirements
to upgrade all of those on the same day.  At least, I think that is
true.  When I upgraded a test server from 5.4 to 6.1 a couple weeks ago,
I was told to uninstall 5.4 before installing 6.1, and that they could
not exist on the same server.  Am I understanding this correctly?

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
The Computer Coaching Community, LLC
Office: (314) 635-5424 / Toll Free: (866) 796-9226
Cell: (314) 750-8721