ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DB size and expiration

2009-07-01 17:37:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DB size and expiration
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 16:42:12 -0400
Provide a "q db f=d"  output.
Also, might want to do a "ESTimate DBREorgstats" for more information.

But yes, most likely an unloaddb, loaddb is your only option (other than
upgrading to 6.1, which is supposed to let you optimize while running)

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
07/01/2009 03:31 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] DB size and expiration

Good Day all,
About a month ago, I was prepping to split a TSM DB because it was growing
out of control after the addition of a number of remote imaging sites.
After much review I was able to find failures in the expiration process. I
tracked it down to a single client and after a call to IBM it was
recommended to run a cleanup exptable.
Needless to say it was running a very long time. After completion, the
next expiration also ran for a very long time deleting hundreds of
millions of objects. This should have translated to about 1/3 the database
size being freed up.

The problem is that I'm seeing max reduction at 4gb.
The stats I'm seeing indicated 74 million usable pages and 52 million
used.

Other than a unloaddb and loaddb. Is there any other way to reclaim this
DB space ?

Thanks,
Duane

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.