ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DB size and expiration

2009-07-01 15:34:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB size and expiration
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:31:06 -0500
Good Day all,
About a month ago, I was prepping to split a TSM DB because it was growing out
of control after the addition of a number of remote imaging sites. After much
review I was able to find failures in the expiration process. I tracked it down
to a single client and after a call to IBM it was recommended to run a cleanup
exptable.
Needless to say it was running a very long time. After completion, the next
expiration also ran for a very long time deleting hundreds of millions of
objects. This should have translated to about 1/3 the database size being freed
up.

The problem is that I'm seeing max reduction at 4gb.
The stats I'm seeing indicated 74 million usable pages and 52 million used.

Other than a unloaddb and loaddb. Is there any other way to reclaim this DB
space ?

Thanks,
Duane