ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] High Mig Pct & Low Mig Pct = 100%

2009-04-15 13:44:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] High Mig Pct & Low Mig Pct = 100%
From: Eric Thompson <ethompson AT ITLIFELINE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:45:59 -0700
A "plain disk storage pool".

The diskpool (DP2) is 8 TB, next storage pool is tape (TP2).

My goal is to have all data sit on the diskpook (DP2), not migrate to
TP2.
The data will remain on disk (DP2) until expired, deleted, etc.

If DP2 fills-up to 100%, then I'd like the data to be written to tape
(TP2), the next storage pool.
The "excess" data on tape (TP2), if exists, will be reviewed.  A
decision will then be made to either increase the size of the diskpool
(DP2) and move the data there, delete it, etc.

It sounds like the best I can do is set HIGHMIG = 100 & LOWMIG=99 ?
Is there anything else that I need to consider?

Thanks for the replies.

Eric Thompson
Senior Storage Engineer
www.it-lifeline.com