ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Request for some TSM queries to use

2009-01-07 16:17:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] Request for some TSM queries to use
From: Larry Clark <lclark01 AT NYCAP.RR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 16:16:12 -0500
Hi,
My TSM query usage is a bit rusty. These days it's VIO builds but I need to
participate in a customer DR exercise and will be restoring files to AIX
servers by fs (mount point). To avoid resource conflicts I'd like to be able
to determine what filespaces are on what volumes by node. Would this do it
from the TSN command line? Since I normally do not have access to the TSM
server I will not be able to test it until the DR exercise:

SELECT VOLUMEUSAGE.NODE_NAME, VOLUMEUSAGE.COPY_TYPE,
VOLUMEUSAGE.FILESPACE_NAME, VOLUMEUSAGE.STGPOOL_NAME,
VOLUMEUSAGE.VOLUME_NAME FROM VOLUMEUSAGE
WHERE (((VOLUMEUSAGE.NODE_NAME)="MY_NODE_NAME") AND
((VOLUMEUSAGE.STGPOOL_NAME)="MY_STG_POOL"));

Also, does anyone have a query that would produce a list of what nodes
occupy what volumes? We may have time to produce an overall usage list while
the mksysbs are being restored prior to the restore of the mount points.

Thank you