ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Volume size on sequential disk storage pools

2008-09-18 09:38:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Volume size on sequential disk storage pools
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:36:51 -0500
I would think the best way to keep TSM from getting into trouble would
be to limit the number of mounts.
This will keep you from having too many 10G files going at any one time.
OR
Increase the file size so that you limit how many volumes you manage in
TSM to keep the db size down.  2700 really shouldn't be that much of a
problem for TSM.  It all depends on how big your DB is, how much RAM you
have, etc.  27 TB is really not much at all for a rightly sized TSM
server.  Also, your hardware and OS platform will have a lot to do with
it.

See Ya'
Howard